Re: pedal idea for ambient sounds (not necessarily looping related)

Hi Marco.

So when you fade up the 3rd chord you also bring back the 1st chord which
is still
in the first loop :-(
In the worst case, you end up fading between 2 different big tonal washes.

I get the sort of effect you're after in the following way,
except that I don't have an autoswell,
so make the swells with an expression pedal.

I have an expression pedal which simultaneously controls the dry volume,
the input
level to an echo and
feedback on the echo.
(actually it controls that for 2 LR panned echoes of different length, and
also messes with modulation in the feedback loop, but the principle his
the
same).

So I hit a chord and swell it  with the expression pedal,
..as long as I hold the pedal down the chord sustains.
To change chord, I just bring my toe up, and play another one.

By varying the amount of feedback in the toe up position, along with
the delay time, I can vary how quick I want the response to be.

I do this with a Lexicon Vortex, but the technique should work
on other devices.

example:-

http://www.andybutler.com/mp3/moonset.mp3

andy butler
ps.
Just noticed that Mark Smart already answered this,
but with slighty different explanation.