Re: Real Time Sampling

Title:
A couple of another proposals:
- Fly-Sampling, from on-the-fly
- Free-Sampling, to emphasize improvisation
and for acronym lovers:
- Lilo (Live-Looping)
- Freelo (Free-Looping).

Use at your own risk ;-)

Michal

Matt Stevens wrote:
EE61EF3E-4B76-4F09-AB9E-11698A20BAFA@btinternet.com" type="cite">mmm  Live Sampling - thats good!

On 3 Jun 2008, at 18:58, Micha? Wiernowolski wrote:

If I understand your question,

'Real Time Sampling' seems wrong to me. Firstly, the term 'Real Time' is redundant, at least in case of sampling
sound. If you are not sure about this think of the opposite 'Non Real Time Sampling', which is an oxymoron.
Now, 'Live sampling' would be a bit better, but it doesn't give the information of  what do you do with those samples.
You could possibly play a tune without loops at all.

Cheers,
Michal

Matt Stevens wrote:
DD0C24CD-2D59-4759-843A-09D4935CA3D4@btinternet.com" type="cite">Does anyone else prefer the term Real Time Sampling to Live Looping(apart from it being the name of a wonderful album by andy butler)?

Just wondered?  Someone else suggested Guitar 2.0 to me in an email a few days ago!
DD0C24CD-2D59-4759-843A-09D4935CA3D4@btinternet.com" type="cite">

Any thoughts?