Re: OT: Diabetes

Hi Jim, i went type 1 in 2000. the doc suggested the pump but I've been resistant....just because of my preference not because it would be better for me, It would probably be easier to manage with the pump.  If i had a child with type 1 i wouldn't hesitate to get the pump..its easier to get used to it when your young.    as for me I'm close enough to worm food not to mess with it...just as long as my looper foot doesn't go numb  ;-) ..   kyle

Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com> wrote:
This is def'ly off topic and hopefully not intrusive to anyone but does anyone in the LD community that cares to share info, have Type 1 diabetes either themselves or in their immediate family?

If so have you or your family had experience with an insulin pump?

My daughter 11 is a Type 1 diabetic since age 8.  We do "tight control" insulin injection therapy.  We are making plans to move to an insulin pump system this summer for her and I'm interested in any positive/negative input that you might care to offer.

Thanks, again forgive the interlude from music which I'd much rather discuss but this is a community of a lot of folks that seems pretty open and I wanted to poll the list for thoughts.

Thanks.

Jim

Kyle Dean Patten
P.O. Box 22