Re: Axe fx

I have an Axe (Ultra) and while I think the users on the Axe forum tend to gush the unit is pretty fantastic. The looper would probably do little to satisfy anyone with experience with an EDP or a Repeater - both of which I have - but is a fun little add on. Andy I think you are wrong about the ability to have the units fx sync via midi as the tempo can be assigned to an external midi controller and all the time based effects can be locked or not to the master tempo. For me the somewhat small drawbacks are that you can run out of processing power even with the Ultra, although it takes quite a lot. The tuner mutes the output of the effects, so if you have along washy delay/verb thing it cuts out if you go to tune, minor but it would be nice to have a choice. The unit has modifiers such as LFOs, ADSR, Sequencer etc, which it would be nice to have more of, as to do say a stepped phaser like on the GT-pro you have to use the sequencer of which there is only one, again a fairly minor complaint. I would also love to see a A/B feature like on the MPX-G2 or lexicon Vortex.