RE: Splice 'em up FX Pedal (other than Echoplex)?

At 6:08 PM -0700 5/27/08, Qua Veda wrote:

> That's pretty cool.  I suppose there are s/w VST's that have similar
> capabilities - do you happen to know of any?

Qua,

There are several out there (try searching online for a MIDI Gater/Gator
effect).
However, there's a nice plug-in I've used in the past that's published by
AraldFX.
It's called StormGate3 and it allows you to split a signal into three
separate
frequency ranges (with fully variable crossovers) then apply a different
gate
pattern to each range.

It depends a lot on your source material -- the greater a frequency range,
the
better -- but you can put together some nice rhythmic parts using it.

More info at: http://www.araldfx.com/sg3/

        --m.

_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of murder...
later"