Re: Quick Looperlative question

   Mech, thanks very much.

   Needing to sift through the forum archives like that is a bit
tedious, to say the least, when all one needs is a list, but I know
you obviously didn't create that situation; :)  and again, I surely,
very much appreciate the link pointing me in the right direction!  You
ROCK!…

   Out of curiosity, which pitch shifter are you using?  I'm using a
Digitech Studio Vocalist EX for pitch / timbre effects at the moment,
with my EDP.

   Thanks very much for the response and hope you had a great weekend!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On May 24, 2008, at 5:18 PM, Mech wrote:

> At 12:52 PM -0700 5/24/08, Cara Quinn wrote:
>>
>>  I dl'ed the manual but as you said, it's a bit out of date.
>> There's got to be a list somewhere of the complete feature set with
>> all the current updates taken into account.
>
> Not really.  :(
>
> Your best bet is to go through the release notes for each update
> under this thread:
>http://www.looperlative.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=998c8bda08bfe01f292b5005e48fbf02
>
> The first post gives a listing of the new features rolled out under
> each release -- usually only four or five items.  It's a bit of a
> pain, but once you start going through them it's not as irritating
> as you'd initially think.
>
>> * Does the current Upgrade offer time stretching / pitch variance?
>> (as with the Repeater)
>
> As Kevin explained, the LP-1 will do time/pitch variance.  However,
> as a past Repeater user, you should be aware that the Looperlative
> implements simple "tape-delay" style stretching -- where both loop
> time and pitch shift are tied together -- like that found on devices
> such as the DL-4.  It won't do independent time domain or
> independent pitch domain manipulation like you get on the Repeater.
> Although you're not stuck with only half-speed or double-speed (like
> many loopers) since you can use controller/pedal data with the LP-1
> to access all the "in-between steps".
>
> For most purposes this is fine, but there is a workaround if you
> have to have Repeater-style functionality.  I use an external pitch
> shifting unit attached directly to one of the sets of aux outs for
> such effects.  Obviously, for pitch shift all I need to do is route
> the signal to the pitch shifter.  For time stretch, I'll use the
> LP-1's pitch/time shifting, then use the external pitch shifter to
> re-align the loop back to its original pitch.  With this technique,
> only the time domain gets messed with.
>
> It's fairly simple with a good MIDI pedal and a little time spent
> programming (although you do need to budget for another external box
> to do the pitch shift).
>
>       --m.
> --
> _____
> "I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of
> murder... later"

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn