Re: OT: Getting that tube amp sound w/o a tube amp

Nice.  I figured running through a tube>then a POD or tonelab> DI > SBD > PA.  Good to hear what others are using and liking.  I may try the POD.  I hear it's great for the studio and maybe with a decent tube infront (or behind) it'll sound ok thru my PA.  -Adam

Pod stuff is getting better, but it's definitely not as good as a tube amp. So I hope you won't be disappointed, if that's what you decide to go with. If your budget would permit it, you might want to look at the Axe-Fx instead. I don't own one, but I know a lot of people who do. Some people use it just for the fx alone (on par with Eventide for quality), but other people swear the amp models *kill* Line 6's offerings.

My opinion is that nothing sounds like a tube amp except a real tube amp. But you can still get lots of good sounds out of modeling stuff. Good luck.

Jeff