Re: BEMF4 and Virutal Performers in Audio-Video

Something to remember about Skype - where their servers are!

When Sarah and I went to Paris last year to see a gallery an old friend of
mine was invited to show his stuff in (see http://www.dream-dollars.com/
for
some really incredible work!), I took the laptop and Skype onboard with my
bluetooth earpiece.  Still having trouble breathing after seeing what
internet access from the room cost - 25Euros a day! - so I went to the
lobby, from which it was free. [shaking head]  When I 'called' my friend
who
was staying in the Latin Quarter he told me there was a 'wicked echo' that
made it nearly impossible to use, so we stuck to mobile phones for the
three
days we were there.  I thought later about Where's The Signal Going? and
realized the path was Paris->London->USA->Paris.  No wonder!  Later my
friend told me that it sounded like a L-R stereo mix with one of the
channels Dry and the other a delayed, flanged reverb.  And I thought
singing
the National Anthem at a ball park was daunting!

But it did make me briefly wonder about how such a delay might be used for
looping.  Guerrilla Loops!  Not for everyone.