RE: is using Pre-recorded Loops Cheating

Hello Loopers all over the World,

I'm Luk (33 y.o.) I play electric guitar in various styles.
This is my first post to you.  Respect.

I just recently bought me a Digitech Jamman, because after yet again seeing
a band breaking up where I play in I've gotten dissappointed in making
Music
as a groupeffort.

When looping I can avoid having to depend on other people that often turn
out to be quitters.

I would choose to be using pre-recorded tracks/loops in order to not having
to bore people having to see me recording every part live on stage.

For example... when I buy a pie I don't want to see all the stages of
making
it,... but I want to enjoy the finished product as it is ment to be
enjoyed.

Have a look at these video's... I think they prove my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkLmOOnBCU

and ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQej5bUWTsg

Any -Joe- can see they're playing to a pre-recorded backing track.
But does anyone really mind??  Just don't pretend to play everything
yourselve when you are not. Then you are cheating people.

I think these guys prove there is nothing wrong with using pre recorded
backing tracks/loops when you're a true musician who knows what Music is
all
about.

The only problem I see is that it might get boring for non-musicians.
But hey... you can't please everyone.

Peacefull greetings from Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe , Earth ,
Infinity

Luk Van Lieshout
www.swingbee.be
www.ilovefender.be