Re: is using Pre-recorded Loops Cheating

In that case, the drum machine was not there to replace a real drummer! I'm all ok with using drum machines, if it's because that's the sound you want to use.

I'll go into really grey area and say I also think it's ok to play an unaltered drum loop, but occasionally hit some drum pads to make it sound like you're doing fills.

I never claimed my opinions were logical! :)

Matt

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Rick Walker imitated Matt Davignon in a cartoon voice:
"Things that are not OK:
.......Using an automated drum machine to replace a real drummer."

Then went:

Using an automated drum machine to replace a real drummer is
completely okay with me as an example.

The first time I saw Ultravox live in the late 70's  there drummer
was playing a kick, snare, hi hat and cymbal (unbelievably and shockingly
minimal in the era of huge concert tome drum sets in the Reagan 70's)
and he was only playing half of the beat.  The other half was played by
a Roland CR-78 analogue drum machine (the first programmable analogue drum
machine) that was playing ridiculously minimal and repetitive drum beats.