Re: is using Pre-recorded Loops Cheating

Hi All,

I am new to this list, have been reading posts for the last month. Still coming up to speed with looping and what path my looping should take.

This thread brings up some of my inner conversations. I have a lot of fun creating a loop and jamming for 30 or 60 minutes, while(hopefully) continuously modifying the loop( for me, this is what seperates the boys from the men when looping, and right now I am just a boy). But when I think of whether my neighbors will like it, probably most of them would get bored with it. I don't know if it is just an American thing, but it I'll bet if it is longer than 5 minutes they will lose interest. So I have also been working on duplicating recognizable songs in real time so that I can please the neighbors. I still haven't tried any of this out on them yet, it will be interesting to see what gets a better reception....

The interesting for me in this thread is that I have never considered using anything pre-recorded.....that opens up a whole new world of possibilities......

For me, looping is like a meditation, it is only when I have finished that I realize how much time has passed.