Looper's Little Mixers...

Hi folks

most of you probably run around with your Fireface 800 or MOTU Traveller
etc and don't need it.
But for me some of the small mixers really worked wonders, so I'd like to
tell about it:

- Edirol M-10 MX
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M10MX
I wouldn't know how to live without this device...
It's my battery-driven mini-mixer for all purposes.
The only shame is that it has no panning (like i.e. the ... mixer).

- Soundcraft Compact 4
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Compact4/
Really nice, small mixer with various stereo (!) routing possibilities:
You have Playback/Record/Monitor outs, all in stereo and with balanced (!)
connectors. The only drawback is that the line-inputs are RCA. On the plus
side: the mono inputs have Hi-Z and Insert chain.
Preamps are pretty "ok", too.
See SOS review:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/soundcraftcompact.htm
Pity it doesn't run on batteries. This compact mixer gets even smaller
when you remove these ugly, olive green plastics things on the sides.

So, some other "little helpers" on my shopping list:

- Nobels Mix42C
http://www.thomann.de/gb/nobels_mix42c.htm
This is a mini mixer with 4 mono inputs that you can pan into a stereo
out. The 4x Panning really looks nice :-) But I don't know about the
quality of Nobels gear, though.

- New Mackie 802 VLZ3
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/802VLZ3/
This is a really nice, compact, high quality mixer by Mackie (finally!). A
real improvement to the Tapco quality...
Especially GREAT is the ALT3/4 stereo bus: I have them on my Mackie Onyx,
too. Really great for choosing what you want to route to your stereo
looper.

Best regards
Buzap