phrase tempo problems when recording

Hello all!   I have trouble when I record on my RC-50. When I try to loop something that I have loaded already on my RC-20  and  let the RC-50 set the tempo automatically i run into trouble.  I know the loop is tight because I played along with a good metronome and it plays perfectly on the RC-20 and yet if the loop is a couple of minutes long, when I am finished the tempo that is locked in as the phrase tempo on the RC 50 is nowhere NEAR the real tempo.  It sounds fine, the loop is cleanly finished with an inaudible start stop point, but I can't use the stored tempo to then midi sync to my drum machine. I am using the RC 50 as the master.   I noticed on short loops it seems to work fine.  I have tried setting the tempo manually before hand and tapping along to set it, but nothing works. Any thoughts??

"Cynicism is the cruel side of wisdom"