Re: Feedback (No, the OTHER kind ...)

Jah,

First, thanks for listening and the thoughtful reply. Here are more
details:

1. The performance/recording was done on 21 January 2007, as part of a
longer performance. Recording was done using Audacity, running on a
Mac G5 PPC Dual 2.0 October (1.5 GB RAM). Audio interface in was via a
Behringer FCA202 from the Tape Out of a Behringer Eurorack UB802
mixer. This file was extracted from the 90 minute performance using
Amadeus Pro, same computer,  and saved out as an AIFF file. No
processing was done other than trimming for length and removing voice
intros.

2. The rig itself was comprised as follows:

Godin xtSA guitar, using GK cable only into a Roland GR-20. Several
different synth settings were used throughout. Ebow was also used
throughout.

Stereo audio out of GR-20 into Boss FV-500L pedal, split into Left and
Right, via 2 Morley A/B/Y switches set to "Y" into 2 pairs of  Lexicon
Vortexes, with assorted settings changed throughout the duration of
the piece, being linked in series. (GR-20~Left.Out=>=>Vortex
1~In/Out=>Vortex 2; GR-20~Right.Out=>Vortex 3~In/Out=>Vortex 4~In,
etc.,).

The stereo outputs of the Vortex pairs were routed, one to a Lexicon
MPX110/Stereo IN, the other to a Lexicon MX200/Stereo IN.

The output of the MPX110 was sent to a Boss DD-20 Gigadelay, delay
time set to 14.38 seconds, in  "standard mode", 100% E. Level/100%
Feedback. The E. Level and Feedback were both manipulated throughout
the piece.

The output of the MX200 was sent to another Boss DD-20 Gigadelay with
the delay set at 23.00 seconds, and the same E.Level/Feedback and mode
settings. Again, the E.Level and Feedback were manipulated. The
manipulation was done by hand, reaching down and tweaking (which is
why I'm REALLY excited by the idea of the DD-7 and the use of an
expression pedal to control those parameters!).

The two DD-20's were triggered simultaneously (as closely as I could
do using both feet while sitting down) and individually throughout the
performance ... this is pretty much the way I use them, sometimes
together, sometimes apart.

The two stereo pairs from the DD-20's were sent to the four main In's
of a Yamaha MG10/2 mixer, with some Left/Right adjustments for the
four channels. The main Out pair of the Yamaha was then sent to the
two main In pair of the aforementioned Behringer UB802, where it was
monitored via headphones and/or a pair of Roland MicroCubes, adjusted
as identically as I could and facing me at head level.

And that's it, for the rig/set up.

Interesting comment about Synthesis, since so far as I know, I've
never heard them before. Any links to them? Thanks again!

Best,

Dennis