Re: Second Life as a Paying Venue

Dennis thanks so much.  This is interesting and the podcast/webstream explanation I was partly hip to just wondered if SL was true "live" and it sounds like it is in a great way.  It reminds me of a webstream/live house concert I was part of 4 years ago when a project I was 1/3 of called Language of 3 appeared on the now defunct ArtMusicCoffeeHouse.com (link no goes to non-related source) which was a wonderful idea ran by synthisist/composer Don Slepian.  For a period of time Don ran a house concert weekly from his then home in Lebanon NJ with a different guest(s) each episode.  He invited @10 physical guests to be the audience for each week's house concert and simulcasted/webstreamed the experience at the same time to the world (believe he used GarageRadio.com to channel through).  It was a wonderful evening that March night that my project participated, some of which is documented on a new CD by my partner in the Language of 3, Matt Richards on his new release One in Mind.

SL sounds like something I need to look into as it does not appear to have limited listening connections akin to using a web radio like Live365.com based on subscription cost or does it?  I've not explored the resource deeply yet but it looks like a very cool option particularly when I'm feeling tapped at times on physical venues.

Re Stillstream was exploring it and started the submission process to discover that because I"m affiliated with BMI I can't get webplay from them which does make sense though it does seem a two handed sword as originally affiliation with BMI/ASCAP etc was viewed as a good thing but it may be in this newer virtual frontier that it's not.  http://stillstream.com/submissions-step2.php?action=oops
Anyhow congrats on your success like this and please let me know when you have another show on SL as I'd like to check out what you do and the SL experience.

Your NinJam experience reminds me of my first encounter with Y2K Loop Fest in 06 when it included live NJ sessions from around the planet, as good as it was to be physically live at this past year's event, that day in 06 was equally cool.  That day gave birth to Chinapainting really, as following that Daryl and I continued to work through NinJam to this day at least 2 times a month.  Very grateful for that technology.

Jim