Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:08:23 -0700
From: travishartnett@gmail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Engineering Live Loopers

I always send just a stereo mix, but I loop solo with just acoustic
guitar.  Regardless, the soundguys used to get confused because of the
lack of clear visual cues as to where the sound was coming from.  Plus,
the house monitors were never anything approaching flat, and seemed to
have been optimised to allow vocals to cut through a full band situation
and allow everyone to hear the almighty kick drum, which made for a
horrible acoustic guitar sound onstage.

I'd imagine that multiple outs from a laptop would also be confusing--how
does he know what track the sound he's trying to cut/boost/eq is coming
from?

TH

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Ian Popperwell <popperwell@iname.com>
wrote:

I agree, When I do PA gigs, it surprises me the number of
laptop composer/musicians who do not have multiple outs - sending drums,
bass,
pads, leads, effects and everything to a PA and it is always the same mix
no
matter what the venue acoustic. I think that to be able to at least
seperate the
main sound areas for FOH mixing is the best solution.

Get Hotmail on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 now!
http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx