Mainstage, Sooperlooper and The FCB

Hey Guys,
I have been experimenting with Mainstage as a Acoustic guitar rig. I have been using Sooperlooper for about 6 months with Ableton Live. But the possibility of Concert level effects and the graphic representation of controls is intriguing. Mainstage is buggy, but isn't everything? And Logic/Mainstage sounds so good.
The problem is this, when using the FCB to control Sooperlooper, I can't get the buttons to work the way I need to.
Example. To record a loop I press record. No problem. But If I press overdub instead of record to end the initial recording. The next time I press record, it is basically returning that control back to off position. It should already be in that state. In other words, by pushing any other button, the previously pressed button should be turned off.
I have tried changing the style of buttons in the inspector, but since Im using Note On/Off, there doesn't seem to be an alternate setting for Notes. Is the answer to use CC's"
Any thoughts or guidence would be appreciated. This seems to be last hurdle in reaching my goal for the week.
Thanks