Re: Voice to MIDI thru voc proc and guitar synth?

Interesting one this, this seems to me something that is often done in the CV/gate world, but never in the midi world.

 Yes, as previous post mentions, you need a pitch to CV converter, (as krispen mentioned, can be made up in max/msp, or maybe some other bits n bobs program, as I like to call them - Reactor, or even SynthEdit perhaps)

Or you can "buy stuff"
The Ebay route, might be to get hold of a REALLY old skool guitar synth, the Korg X11 (or near number... forgotton) that I used to have did this wonderfully (why did I ever sell it???) then if that wasnt enough you need to turn that CV and gate info into midi (i also suggest the Paia kit, but there are other EXTREMELY RARE stand alone devices).

The non Ebay route, would be to make a small modular. I use Doepfer. Now this aint gonna be cheap, but the interesting module you should look into (that I dont have, but discussions I have read say it should work) is the PLL module (phased locked loop (ta ta on topic hurrah!)) this will create a voltage based on your pitch, you will need a input module (cant remebr which) that will track the level (envelope follower) and also make a voltage, to control a VCA for example, and also create a trigger/gate signal. These two voltages are what a cv/gate to midi module (the Paia thing) will need to send to a midi instrument - but by now you will be hooked on modular stuff and buy more and more modules till you have 16 U of unmovable electronics, be broke - hungry and wife-less.

Luckilly Im at 14U and still have a wife.

good luck with that... what about an electric Kazoo, the Saxxy is fun! Well my kid likes it!!

Strange that such a simple thing is actually rather hard... now wheres Synth Edit??? Im gonna make one now!!!

mark