Re: marshall jmp-1 - OFF TOPIC

I just went through this exercise on my Fender Pro Junior, which is known for it's noise and over brighness with stock tubes. I bought some of the new Mesa Boogie SPAX7 tubes, and the results were outstanding. It sounds like a new amp. Quit, warmer, etc.

http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/spax7.html (they are legit replacement of the 12AX7.

The SPAX7

The Mesa SPAX7 is a 12AX7 that during our in-house testing processes is found to have a significantly quieter and more stable response to high volume and gain applications. If a fledgeling 12AX7 passes its first test, it is tested a second time under  more stringent listening conditions and even higher volume and gain levels. If the young SP passes this second test, it is outfitted with a sleek layer of shrink wrap that helps shield the tube even further from field and transformer noise. We recommend using the SPAX7 in input preamp stages (usually located nearest the input jacks), as the input stage is generally the most volatile. An SPAX7 input tube will lay the foundation for a quiet and stable amplifier in the highest of gain and volume applications, and is a sure winner when playing microphonic musical chairs in search of that troublesome squealing or crackling preamp tube.

Tien Lawrence
Boogie Customer Support

Kris