Re: marshall jmp-1 - OFF TOPIC

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Erdem Helvacioglu <erdemhel@tnn.net>
wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have been playing the marshall jmp-1 preamp on some new recordings. I
>have
> noticed a considerable amount of hiss even though I use the clean channel
> with speaker simulation. did anyone else experince this problem? i would
> like to change the tubes. which brands would you recommend for that?

I like the 12AX7A type. They are used in the Sovtek tube amp I have
here and that sound is awesome! Also, when doing "tube tests" I have
notices that I like that type the most. Some guys say different brands
sound different but that's beyond my experience to air an opinion on.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)