Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 2:57 AM
Subject: EH 2880 Question

Hi all,

This is my first post to this list although I've been reading it on and off for a while now.

Although there is lots of info in the archives on the Electro Harmonix 2880 and its behaviour, I can't work out whether the behaviour I'm seeing on my unit is 'normal' so I thought I'd run it past the list to see if anyone else has seen the same thing.

When I'm syncing my 2880 to midi my unit randomly does that whole speeding up/slowing down tape effect thing without warning. From what I've read this would be expected if I'd just recorded the first loop but my unit does this even when I've recorded onto three tracks and stopped/restarted the master. eg. I currently have all 4 tracks recorded , the master and 2880 are stopped. If I start the master (and the 2880 starts as well) both will play along happily  for a while and then without warning the 2880 will do the tape effect speed up and then settle down again (usually in time but out of position/sync).

Anyone else see this strange behaviour ?

Also, does anyone know exactly what sync issues the firmware update fixed ?

Any comments appreciated...

Cheers

Simon

Checked by AVG.