Re: Easiest drum machine software

Hi,

I just learned today that iDrum is now available for Windows XP/Vista.
I've had the Mac version since its release four years ago and think
it's the most easy one to handle. Check it out at
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/idrum/

I remember you said in your original mail that you are "typically
drawn to drum machines where you can enter notes by hitting pads" but
since this is software you need some sort of MIDI drum pads for that.
And I'm not certain you can program the patterns by hitting pads in
realtime (thus sending external MIDI notes into the iDrum software),
you would have to read up on the site to find out if that is possible.

Next step might be GURU from FXpansion which is more like a
workstation for churning out beats. It has nice effects - like reverb,
phaser, delay etc - that can be assigned to different drums and also
tweaked in realtime while the music is running.

Both are inspired by the legendary MPC.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen