Re: OT: Interesting research on brain activities of improvisers

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Sowonja, Tomson
<tomson.sowonja@cba.com.au> wrote:

>  I sent this link through to my Keyboardist in The Soldiers Of Fortune
>  who is also doing his PhD in Psychology - something to do with pattern
>  recognition/memory and music.
>
>  He found it very interesting and had a few comments which I've pasted
>  below as some of you on the list may find them interesting as well:

Hi Tim,

Here's a link to a better article on that research project:
http://www.scientificblogging.com/news_releases/study_prefrontal_cortex_in_jazz_musicians_winds_down_when_improvising

And here's a long and really initiated article:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0001679

Per