Re: Using your USA gear in Europe (voltage adapter concerns)

Thanx Travis but you know i am a real wimp,
this is more for real men like this one
http://pairwise.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/arnold-schwarzenegger-big.jpg
Luis

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=AR-PRO

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-down-transformer.html

> > > As for the worst that can happen....
> > >
> > > in a coffee-deprived jet-lagged moment, I
> > > accidentally plugged my
> > > rack into 240 with just an adaptor* (NOT a
> > > transformer...) and
> > > everything went "poof!". It wasn't as bad as I
> > > thought it would be,
> > > yeah there was some blue smoke. I destroyed all
> my
> > > wall warts, but
> > > not the gear. It was the first time I've ever
> loved
> > > wall warts. The
> > > only piece of gear that was truly fried, was my
> > > FCB1010 pedal,
> > > because it is the only thing that uses a
> uni-power
> > > cable, and has no
> > > wall wart, so I toasted its innards.
> > >
> > > I just replaced all my wall warts, although one
> > > (D-Tar Soltice
> > > Preamp) was difficult because it is a pretty
> > > specific voltage/
> > > milliamp combo. I had to use a different Preamp.
> > >

> > > You're right, digital gear, like a computer, or
> an
> > > Electrix Repeater,
> > > you can use on either voltage, with just an
> adaptor.
> > > All my gear is
> > > digital now, so I don't really need transformer
> > > anymore, just an
> > > adaptor, (except the FCB1010, which has a
> switchable
> > > fuse, so when I
> > > go over now I just turn the fuse around and use
> > > Euro uni-cable).
> > >
> > > notes:
> > >
> > > *power conditioner = like a rack-mounted furman
> > > thing, which is
> > > really just a glorified powerstrip
> > > *power strip = to save rack-space i have a
> > > powerstrip velcro'd into
> > > the back of my rack, everything plugs into there
> and
> > > i never have to
> > > unplug anything
> > > * adaptor = this just changes the prong-size to
> fit
> > > the electrical
> > > sockets of the country you're in. it does not
> > > step-down the power!!
> > >
> > > Did I answer your questions or just confuse
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Be a better friend, newshound, and