Re: Using your USA gear in Europe (voltage adapter concerns)

I am still amazed that furman and all of this power
conditioner companies dont make single "19" racks with
a voltage selector,or do they? please prove me wrong!
cheers
Luis

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-down-transformer.html

> [...]
> thought it would be,
> yeah there was some blue smoke. I destroyed all my
> wall warts, but
> not the gear. It was the first time I've ever loved
> wall warts. The
> only piece of gear that was truly fried, was my
> FCB1010 pedal,
> because it is the only thing that uses a uni-power
> cable, and has no
> wall wart, so I toasted its innards.
>
> I just replaced all my wall warts, although one
> (D-Tar Soltice
> Preamp) was difficult because it is a pretty
> specific voltage/
> milliamp combo. I had to use a different Preamp.
>

> You're right, digital gear, like a computer, or an
> Electrix Repeater,
> you can use on either voltage, with just an adaptor.
> All my gear is
> digital now, so I don't really need transformer
> anymore, just an
> adaptor, (except the FCB1010, which has a switchable
> fuse, so when I
> go over now I just turn the fuse around and use a
> Euro uni-cable).
>
> notes:
>
> *power conditioner = like a rack-mounted furman
> thing, which is
> really just a glorified powerstrip
> *power strip = to save rack-space i have a
> powerstrip velcro'd into
> the back of my rack, everything plugs into there and
> i never have to
> unplug anything
> * adaptor = this just changes the prong-size to fit
> the electrical
> sockets of the country you're in. it does not
> step-down the power!!
>
> Did I answer your questions or just confuse you!?
>
> Zoe
>

> On Mar 1, 2008, at 9:16 AM, margaret noble wrote:
>
> > Long time no post!  But here I am :-) I have a gig
> in Vienna and I
> > don't want to blow up my gear. I am wondering if
> anyone has
> > experience using their hardware audio gear in
> countries with
> > different voltage circuits. In particular,
> >
> > I have a Mac laptop purchased in the USA, I know
> it works with a
> > European power supply, all I have to do is put on
> an adapter and it
> > works.
> >
> > But, I also have a Behringer B-Control Rotary
> BCR2000 midi
> > controller. I thought it was USB powered only but
> it needs to also
> > use a power supply. Its says: 100 - 240 V~ 50/60
> Hz 15 W...
> >
> > Can I just throw an adapter tip on that when I get
> to Vienna (or do
> > I need some type of transformer?)
> >
> > also I have a Mackie 1202-VLZ3 mixer, it has a
> switch in the back
> > to go from 100VAC or 120 VAC or 240 VAC, I am
> assuming that all I
> > have to do is adjust the switch to 240 and put an
> adapter tip on ?
> >
> > BUT I AM SCARED! So, if anyone knows about this

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.