Thanks very much for this. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything possible to overcome the glitch (literally hours) but when I'm looping vocals with a hard consonant at the beginning, like a 'k' or something similar, it's really noticeable that you miss at least part of it. It can be quite disjointing.That said, I'll go and try what you just suggested and see if the solution lies there.
Sjaak <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:I've seen a lot of complaints about the RC-50 on this list. Imo the issue is caused by the loop quantize feature and infact it's documented in the 1.01 OS release notes. But if you carefully read the release notes the workaround is not to use the rhythmn mode. Let's first take a good look at the release notes.
* Priority Given to Rhythm (Factory Default) *
This preserves the performance rhythm from the time that recording started.
When you operate the pedal, the performance-start location is adjusted and playback is started accordingly. Although it may sometimes sound as if playback has started from the middle of a phrase, from the following loop, playback takes place as recorded.
* Priority Given to Sound *
This starts playback from the beginning of the recorded data.
Note, however, that for the rhythm guide, recorded phrases, or recordings synchronized with MIDI, playback starts with “Rhythm Priority.”
What you have to do is this:
- put your RC-50 in Sound Priority mode (see release notes for details)
- do NOT use the Rhythm guide; this will turn the loop quantize feature on and causes the gap
Btw: I've tested the issue 25 times today and imo above procedure avoids the problem. I hope this helps :)
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with Yahoo! for Good
Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.
- RE: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)
- From: Stuart Masters <email@example.com>
- Prev by Date: Re: multi effects unit
- Next by Date: Re: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)
- Previous by Thread: RE: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)
- Next by Thread: Re: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)