RE: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)

I've seen a lot of complaints about the RC-50 on this list. Imo the issue
is caused by the loop quantize feature and infact it's documented in the
1.01 OS release notes. But if you carefully read the release notes the
workaround is not to use the rhythmn mode. Let's first take a good look at
the release notes.

-----
* Priority Given to Rhythm (Factory Default) *
This preserves the performance rhythm from the time that recording started.
When you operate the pedal, the performance-start location is adjusted and
playback is started accordingly. Although it may sometimes sound as if
playback has started from the middle of a phrase, from the following loop,
playback takes place as recorded.

* Priority Given to Sound *
This starts playback from the beginning of the recorded data.

Note, however, that for the rhythm guide, recorded phrases, or recordings
synchronized with MIDI, playback starts with “Rhythm Priority.”
-----

What you have to do is this:
- put your RC-50 in Sound Priority mode (see release notes for details)
- do NOT use the Rhythm guide; this will turn the loop quantize feature on
and causes the gap

Btw: I've tested the issue 25 times today and imo above procedure avoids
the problem. I hope this helps :)

Sjaak
---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/