Re: i am in dust 2008

So who do we contact to get involved?

Thanks!

Dennis Moser

On Jan 23, 2008 4:30 AM, samba - <sambacomet@hotmail.com> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: martin < martmmc@aol.com>
Date: January 22, 2008 10:56:15 PM HST
To: Patrick DonEgan < electricvehicles@mac.com>
Subject: i am in dust 2008

[this just in]

About IAMINDUST 2008

The 1st Annual International Ambient Industrial Music Festival was conceived in October of 2007 by Ure Thrall (recording artist and operator of Diskorporeality Recordings) and Mr. Hate (Host of KPFA 94.1 Berkeley's long running experimental music program NO OTHER RADIO). I The idea was to collect a roster of artists that are currently making some of the very best and most unique sounds to have reached our ears thus far. The roster is both local and international in origin. Thus far we have commitments from the following: TROUM from Germany, 6COMM from the U.K. who is also known as the former member of DEATH IN JUNE Patrick "O'Kill" Leagas, ETHOS of Austin,Texas, FORMS OF THINGS UNKNOWN of San Francisco, JAMES GOODE of San Francisco, and your hostess with the mostest URE THRALL also of San Francisco WITH MANY MORE AMAZING ARTISTS ON THE VERGE OF CONFIRMATION THE ARRAY OF GUESTS WILL TRULY BE SPECTACULAR! Watch this space as the list of amazing artists we will host for this one-of-a-kind event GROWS and GROWS! II AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, THERE'S THE Octophonic aspect OF THE FESTIVAL! Yes this will be the first festival ever held using an OCTOPHONIC SOUND SYSTEM we are creating especially for this event with the kind help of local artist JAMES GOODE. All the attending artists will be invited to create an octophonic landscape for this performance to be utilized in tandem with the sets they will perform. IN ADDITION, the 8 channel system will allow for an amazing array of possibilities when it comes time for all the groups involved to COLLABORATE on an improvisational basis at the end of each nights bill of performances! You may be asking yourseld at this point, why are we doing all this? In order to truly make the IAMINDUST FESTIVAL a sonic experiment on such a new an interesting level that it not only presents new vistas of experimentation in live performance, it not only broadens the scope of interest in our obscure little international music community, it ULTIMATELY will garner the attention and admiration of the GODS themselves! IIIA THE IAMINDUST Artist Interview Series (for RADIO): In addition we will be previewing and promoting the artists appearing at the shows in several ways: Firstly, interviews will be conducted and recorded with each artist, then the relevant portions of the recorded interview will be edited down and then mixed into a 30 minute compilation of some of the artists own music. This can either be music chosen by the group themselves, or we can pick our own favorites for this purpose. The finished product will be roughly a 30 minute radio program, to be combined with a program of similar length by another of the featured artists from the IAMINDUST festival, then edited finally into a one hour program called the "IAMINDUST Experimental Artist Interview Series" produced by NO OTHER RADIO and to be distributed for free to PACIFICA RADIO stations as well as other stations around the World. Our goal is to produce and release at least 1 hour program (thus featuring TWO artists) every month from now until we have completed covering ALL the artists we have confirmed as appearing at the festival. IIIB Secondly, Diskorporeality Recordings will be releasing the 3rd Audio Odditions Compilation CD featuring tracks from many IAMINDUST artists and releasing it PRIOR to the festival as a limited edition with a limited amount of printed magazines for the 1st 100 ticket purchasers. And finally, those artists who are in the area early enough have the option of helping us bring the music to the people with a few very special urban guerilla performances, as well as some private, secluded performances in natural surroundings. The organizers will be setting up a seperate website for ADVANCE TICKET SALES as soon as we have solidified the roster! The 1st WEEKEND OF OCTOBER WILL COME SOONER THAN YOU EXPECT! So WATCH THIS SPACE for MORE INFO!

  **
[also be watching this space for evidence of proofreads]

Thank you, very much.

Patrick DonEgan