Re: LEXICON PSP 84: opinions ?

Per Boysen wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008 7:56 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk> wrote:
>
>>but the 84 works fine with that as well. I can't see why such
>>
>>>a plug-in would need a lot of RAM? I mean, it's not a sampler that had
>>>to load files into the memory.
>>
>>Na, my bad. The weird mind was thinking about convolution reverbs..
>

> Ahh, I see your point. If that's the case, convolution reverbs eating
> up RAM, it explains the strange zipper noises I had in my 1 GB RAM PC
> when using SIR for reverb.

Can't answer that, but those in the rec.audio.pro NG likely knows.

>>>I too used an LXP-15 for long time! Awesome reverb in the Multi
>>>Program bank, I think. But if that's the type of reverb you like I
>>>would guess the PSP608MD would make you happier than the PSP84.
>>
>>Earlier LXP-15 or the later -II?
>>Anyways, PSP stuff duly noted :)
>

> It's the.... no wait! It's LXP-5 I have. That's the one with the
> reverb I like, that has a similar vibe to the PSP608MD plug-in. Sorry
> for the mistake.

Mine too. Never heard how the -II sounds, but am told it's got more fat,
less open reverbs. Really bought mine for guitar, but preset switching
was waaay too slow. Was later told it migh've been configured for lotsa
control jacks, taking precedence; have to check again..

--
rgds,
van Sinn