Powered Subs...on to mastering

> When you guys are checking out your mixes on other systems
> (we're talking car stereos, home stereos, boomboxes, etc.),
> do you normally test with that system's tone controls set
> flat, or turned to the typical user's settings?

I normally set the tone controls on most systems to flat, however, in my
car
(the aforementioned Mark Levinson/Infinity/Lexicon thingie - now, with that
list of brand names, guess who the automotive supplier is that supplies
this
system to the OEM), I usually have a "hint of a disco smile" set (+2 AMUs
at
80Hz, +1 AMU at 10kHz) (that with LOGIC7 turned to concert hall setting).

For that reason, when I listen to my stuff in the car, I use that exact
setting.

        Rainer