Re: live drum machine video

Well, this is a "part 2" of the set, so a loop is already built when
it's starting. My right (far) hand is playing the drum machine, which
is the only sound source. The things you don't see are the DL-4 and
the volume pedal, which are on the floor. About 1/3 in, I start making
accordion-likes sounds which are done by adding distortion to an
electronic tom-tom sound and fading in the attack. The gurgling sound
that comes after that is a whistle run through a lot of filters and
distortion. The tom-tom kit and the whistle kit on the drum machine
are arranged chromatically so I can play melodies. There's a diagram
and description of all the equipment used here:
http://www.ribosomemusic.com/drum_machining.html

Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com