Re: ZVEX Lofi and "what you don't like about your looper" thread

At 6:16 PM -0600 1/3/08, Daryl Shawn wrote:
>The new Memory Man w/Hazarai, 16-Second DD, and the Pigtronix
>mentioned earlier all allow modulation of the loop, which while not
>entirely unpredictable, will get you partway there and have more
>flexibility than the Zvex. If you want to stick with analog, try
>tape.

Oh, and if you want real unpredictability (and I say that like its a
good thing ;) take a look at grabbing a pedal with a Feedback Loop
and sticking a few different stompboxes into it.

For example: Devi Ever's Eye of God (
http://www.deviever.com/fx/index.html and click on the 'eye of god'
link on the left), Effector13's Truly Beautiful Disaster (
http://www.oohlalamanufacturing.com/tbd.html ), or Blackbox's
Quicksilver ( http://www.oohlalamanufacturing.com/quicksilver.html ),
to name but a few.

You can have a *whole* lot of cool unpredictable fun with these
things.  Not to mention it'll allow you to recycle pedals that you
may not have had a use for.

        --m.
--
_____