AW: ZVEX Lofi and "what you don't like about your looper" thread

> I am looking for something that, as opposed to treating a loop with fx,
will somewhat mutate and mangle the audio which > is being looped (in my
case, bass). For Ods and such I can alwys re-sample that into another
looping device.

I assume for one moment that you do not want to use a computer-based
solution (this would be the easiest solution for a few reasons), here are a
few suggestions.

First, though, I'd like to understand your quest better: I do not fully
understand what you mean by "mangle the audio which is being looped". Do
you
want to mangle it 1) before it is looped, 2) after it is looped or 3) each
time the loop comes round? If 1) or 2), how is that different to treating a
loop with fx? If 3), the way I understand it, the LoFi Loop Junky won't do
that, either, does it?

Now to my suggestion:
For that, you need a (long) delay effect with tap tempo (or a looper with
adjustable feedback), a fx box for mangling and in most cases a small
mixer.
Send your input signal (bass) to the delay/looper. Set the delay/looper's
feedback to 0%! Send the direct signal of the delay/looper to the mains and
its fx signal into the fx box. Send the fx box' output (perhaps through a
volume pedal) back to the delay/looper input.

Is this what you're looking for? Or do you require it in one box?

        Rainer