Re: OT IN EAR MONITORS

i've used for the last 3 years a pair of headphones called ER-4s by Etymotic Research. think they were around 400 clams then, possibly cheaper now. great company and i love their headphones.

custom molded ears haven't worked for me. i like little foam buds that come with my ER-4s so i can squish all the way in for soundcheck, and then i tend to leave them "half-in" for performance. the audio fidelity is less when they aren't all the way in your ears (less bass), but it doesn't bother me. the bass gets more than filled in once the house PA system comes online!

i just plug them into the headphone out of my Motu Ultralite. if i need to get a feed from another musician onstage, i patch them into the Ultralite (either from them, or their monitor mix from the house) too and put them into my headphone mix.