Subs

  I play a bunch of summer festivals that have multiple stages, and also various electronic dance music gigs in warehouses and ballrooms all year. I find the current fad for overpowereing subs horrendously unpleasant . one fest I was at this year there were half a dozen stages and the bass was bleeding between all of them at once, causing all kinds of weird resonances, wandering beams, and transients peaks. For some reason people  set the subs on or under the stages,instead of isolating them so there's acoustic coupling,the low end is turned up to distort and it all begins to feel like my head is inside a steel drum that's  being pounded on by a gang of 12 year olds There are people who seek this experience and there are DJs famous for their bass overload,though that's not what they call it. Some like it distorted enough that the pitch can't be distinguished,which makes the chord it's under difficult to impossible to identify. I was playing in 10 piece w/ violin, cello, flutes, sitar,harmonium, keys, percussion,8 voice harmonies  and we had that shit washing over us from 3 other stages.It was live audio torture.

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Albert Einstein

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!