Re: Thing I'd like to see in 2008

funny stuff! really ...
looking forward to see your new release.

raul.
2007/12/28, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill <rs@moinlabs.de>:
We had that discussion on a tech level some time ago - here's my version on
a more music-oriented level (well, not all of it - take it as an early new
year's joke...):

* Krispen Hartung throws away his laptop and does an album of jazz tunes
(either standards, original or mixed). This is either him on acoustic guitar
or him on electric with a JC-120 amp. Either solo or duets with a pianist
(think Bailey/Ballads or Frisell/Songs we know).

* Rick Walker finally stops all this improvised livethingie stuff and does
an album of composed music, involving lots of postprocessing, for which he
uses Krispen's now unused computer. The lineup for the album features (among
others) Jeff (Kaiser), Erdem, Per, Kevin Kissinger and Michael Manring.

* Somebody actually picks up all the clues I left specifying stuff, builds
it and sends me a prototype, including:
        * the MIDI sync unit for the Vortex
        * the floorboard embedded-computer looper
        * the bluetooth bodypack

* I get to play all these great events that have been discussed in the past,
including:
        * BEMF3
        * the European looptour (stations in Berlin, Cologne, Munich,
Radolfzell, Desenzano and Zurich)
        * Y2K8loopfest
        * and something else

* Germany stops being a communist country (as a result the economy thrives
and criminals and nogoods are forced to leave the country), it stops doing
all that stupid co2 reduction (and starts afforesting the rain forest for a
change, which has more immediate results)

* life becomes really worthwile again.

All the best for 2008 - and look forward to my solo looping album release
"Weird Specialst" due on 12-31!

        Rainer

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo