Re: on grooves, drum machines, etc.

Oh yeah man I definitely know what you mean!!!  Although I have just been
using the drum machines
about 15 years or so.  I have recently been using super cheapo depo drum
machines and looping thru
the boomerang.  I then loop another on top taking care of adjusting the
levels then I let the real
magic start with the slight human variance creating doubling then tripling
and so on and so forth
until coming back to original but thicker more toneful pattern.  The
return to the original
pattern sometimes takes close to twenty minutes or so!  To clarifiy
something the original pattern
is consistently playing outside of the loop, I also run the drums through
fx.  Kinda hard to find
people to talk to about this.  It is a way of great musical inspiration
for me, I will often just
listen to the beat and layers intermixing for many hours on end kinda
inducing a meditative state.
 Wait till the revelation hits and off I go with the new inspiration that
finds its way to me
again breaking the monotony of things.
   Peace Out Brother!!!  Thank You and Wishing you many more blessings
   from loopy delightful inspirations in the new year 2 B!!!
   All the best "Lightsight"

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs