Re: Couple of Jamman Questions

Daniel Dingeldein wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> New to the list.  I just purchsed a Lexicon Jamman and I have a couple
> of questions.
>
> First off, if I record a 8 bar loop can I layer a 16 bar loop on top of
> that?  Or do all the loops need to be the same count.

no, all the same.
...and although you can layer as much as you like, only one loop at a time.

In delay mode it's possible to redefine the loop length as you play.
So you can get the "first loop capability" in delay mode if you first
set up a long delay with no audio in it, then you can tap in a loop
like in loop mode.
Once you have a short loop running in Delay Mode, you can tap in an exact
multiple of the time to get a kind of multiply function.
...but you have to be spot on with your timing, and often it clicks a bit.

> Second, I need to get another footswitch.  What is available that is
> compatible?

Probably any non-latching switch with 2 buttons.

..and if you use a single switch, you can still get the first function of
the pair.

andy butler