Re: First posting...

On Dec 22, 2007, at 12:50 PM, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> I was intrigged because the fidelity is really good in
> the video,which i couldnt imagined coming out of the
> EDP alone!looks like they managed in the video to stay
> synced though;-)

That's because I recorded the output of the EDP. I did the editing on
Final Cut Pro. In fact to keep all the different camera's in sync
with the music was more the problem...

> is the alesis D4 then for triggering the edp functions
> manually?no foot controller?

Both, I have a YAMAHA TP-65 Drum pad on my hi-hat stand that the
Alesis D4 converts to midi. And that triggers just the Record of the
2nd (drum) Echoplex. And next to the drums I have a BOSS FS-6 swith
(Record/Overdub) to reset the Echoplex or do some extra overdubs.

> I just sold my old mackie cfx1202 and also looking for
> the perfect mixer for live and studio 16 channels at
> least,looks like the onyx would be a good
> candidate,too bad no integrated FX,i just want to
> minimize carrying rack efx,etc.u understand.

I'm very happy with my Mackie console... I used the build in FireWire
output to record everything.

> Let me know how the gordius is going for you i am
> contemplating it until i can afford to  buy one!

So far I'm very happy! I only have Macs so the programming by hand
with just one wheel was a bit of a hassle, but the possibilities are
enormous. In the end it will make my life so much easier! Best buy of
the year regarding my live set-up.

Cheers,

Reyn.