Re: Looping through keyboard amps?

I always use a PA for looping performances because the drum loops don't sound good otherwise. For guitar amp emulation I use a pedal I built called the Fenderizer:

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/fenderizer/fenderizer.html

Dunno if you are into building stuff, the schematic is posted in case you are. I think it sounds nice. Before I made this pedal I got a SansAmp classic with the thought of using it for the same purpose. But I didn't like the clean sound I got with it. I like the clean sound of the H&K Tubeman and have used that at (non-looping) gigs where I wanted to run direct because the bar was so tiny.

For the prog-rock band I used to play in, I used a H & K Red Box after my Roland GP-16 effects unit to emulate a speaker. Those things sound pretty good, too. The newer ones, however, are passive and require a higher-level signal going into them than just a guitar signal.

Hope this helps.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net