Re: Vortex power supply - AC, but can take DC?

Thanks for that.

Any chance we could share the schematic on the Vortex Website?

Van Sinn wrote:

>> Personally, though, I wouldn't risk it.
>
> Always a good starting point, until checking schematics..
>
> The Vortex PSU is pretty simple, just some rectifying diodes, capacotors
> and 78xx and LM2930 voltage regulators.
> With a 12 volt adapter, you'll burn a little more heat, due to dropping
> more voltage across the regulators.
> All capacitors are overrated 50 volt (in the schematics, haven't checked
> on the board, but won't expect crappy low-voltage ones).
> In the long run, use a 9 volt adapter. Until then, niçio problema.

Well, I checked out LM2390 and that appears to pretty robust.

don't know about 78xx, tho' :-)
Is that a kind of generic code?
...and what about diode specs?

Would be great if we could confidently give a range of psu's, including DC.

andy butler