Cable length for Vortex swell

How long a cable is useful with a swell pedal for the Vortex?

Anyone using a pedal with a 0-5 volt control voltage instead of a
potentiometer based one? Might work better over distance; maybe using
voltage/current converters in both ends, dunno..

Another topic is possible interference when running the swell signal on
wires next to MIDI and some 0/5 volt 'manual on/off' interfacing in one
and same multicore cable.
Some of my gear isn't MIDI based. MIDI ifcs makes less sense, as those
are used short-term/manually (i.e. an ADA Pitchraq pitch transposer).
To avoid loose cables and speed up connecting gear, I'm planning one
multicore cable with a sturdy plug'n'twist connector.

--
rgds,
van Sinn