Re: MIDI wind controllers

the ewi works so well because you only have to touch the little
that represents a key. this way your sensory system signals "touch" when
touch it.

with the yamaha products you depress a fake key to touch the sensor.
i believe this is more difficult, because you are "far away from the
action", so to speak.
i like the fake reed, though. the spit problem of the ewi (easily handled
with a sweat band, see brecker) doesn't occur.