Re: LESSISMORE

>> Simple is better ! i'm with you.

On 15 dec 2007, at 21.59, Matthias Grob wrote:

> careful with that statement! Simplicity is a kind of quality,
> Complexity another!
> Nature is not simple at all!
> Just see how your body works, is it bad because its complex?

Isn't BALANCE the missing link here?

  "Simple" is always relative. I have finally skipped everything
except for my instruments and a laptop and both my playing (with a
sound almost as nice as what I hear inside and aim for) and my
looping has never been more simple! But some people look at my setup
and cry out "Ouch, so complex!!!" The schematics may be complex but
the user experience is almost transparent - the way it should be
using good instruments.

Just think about the amount of work needed to set up a Stratocaster
for playing! Fine tuning each string to stay in tune as good as
possible all over the neck. Adjusting the springs to have the twang
thing float at the right angle. Adjusting the pick-up's distance from
the strings. Adjusting the nut so the strings may distribute their
tension equally in order to keep the guitar stay in tune. Etc.,
etc---  And every little thing you adjust for the better immediately
ruins the adjustments you have just done to other parameters, since
the are inter related. It's like a never ending circle of work and re-
doing things.  A Stratocaster is a mean monster that eats hours and
days before it becomes a good instrument. It's just ridiculous how
much work that is! And when it finally is tuned and you play people
just go "how simple, just a guitar and an amp" ;-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)