Zoom G2 vs Digitech RP150

decided to chime in on this post (been lurking a while...)
the zoom g2 is a handy little tool, yes it does have 5 sec of delay, but the bummer thing is you can't do much w/ it. if you try to change the time (short-long or long short), it cuts off and starts from scratch at whatever time you set it at. that was the bummer thing for me. my old Digitech RP100, had the 2 sec of delay and i (ab)used that as my main looper for a long time. it was very digital-glitchy, but worked for me.
so, yes, the zoom g2 does have 5 sec of delay, and is cheap, portable, and it has other options that some may find useful in a multi-effects unit.

the other thing i have used a bit is my new Digitech RP 150, it has 5 seconds of delay also, and there is a bit of modulation available. if you go from 5 sec to close to 0 sec it will mangle the sound and glitch it up, and it will do it to a pt from close to 0 sec if you go to 5 sec, i say close, it doesn't really stretch it like my old DOD D-12 would do (great for drones, etc), but is usable.
The thing i like about the zoom g2-is it does have 3 options of delay, so if you don't have a lot of gear, you can set 3 different delays and get some great whacky ambient things going-is it as good as the high end gear?-doubtable, but i've not played w/ that, so it's the low-cost alternative. i actually think the effects & amp models are better than the RP150s, and i think the auto wahs and ring mod are great. the thing the rp150 has over the g2 is a passive volume can be used to access volume swells, whammy effect, etc, where the zoom you have to use the zoom passive volume pedal. I really only use 2 settings on the zoom-like the clean sound, and the basic "santana" preset which models an early boogie amp (crunchy sound). but i occasionally like to use the extreme digital distortions-they have their purpose.

my setup is: guitar-rocktron silver dragon (tube preamp)-zoom g2-digitech rp150-boss dd20-out to either digital recorder or marshall 10 watt amp.

as for the boss dd20-i have my likes/dislikes about it. wish it would stretch the delayed source material better like my old DOD d12, it just kind of warbles it, occasionally i like the tape simulations -works better than using my old tascam 4track w/ the 20 sec loop tape, and when recording i like the ping pong delays, and occasionally use the reverse delay. but when using the standard setting, what you put in is what you get out, it stays pretty true.

I will also say that i like the easy/convenience of my setup vs. my old 4 -space rack of doom that had pedals before it (boy that was a space hog on my recording desk area), and when i want to plug in my new casio keyboard it works fine for that  also....about the only thing i really miss is having access to playing samples backwards like the 6 sec samples would do in reverse on the dod d12, but the dd20's reverse delay gives me a close feeling of it.
my 2 cents for the day....
s---
ps-i will also say that i've been recording some stuff again, after taking most of the yr off, and did a track that had both the boss dd20 & digitech rp150 going at the same time-and there was some interesting things you could do w/ both going at once....