Re: The Golden Age of Electronic/New Age Music/ Joe Byrd

> On Dec 10, 2007 11:56 AM, Elmer Fuddski wrote:
> > Is it just me? I've been listening to some older Christmas music
> (originally
> > on cassette no less) entitled Carillon Christmas. I believe this
> work is
> > from around 1985/1986. It put me in mind of all the great
> electronic,
> > synthesizer-based recordings that were created around that
> timeframe.

While I admit that I certainly no big fan of Christmas music, for a
REAL treat, one should hear
"A Christmas Yet To Come" by Joseph Byrd. (ex-United States of
America, Joe Byrd and the Field Hippies, and...?).

This wonderful album was released in 1975 and was made using an ARP
2600 , with an Oberheim Expander Module.
(The ARP 2600 is one my own LONG time favorite instruments and one of
the main instruments used in my own works),

Some of the transposed original compositions are VERY old songs, a
small few of which I have never previously heard of,
as far as so-called "Christmas" music is concerned, but they are
still very beautiful, and some are even "haunting".

Luckily, I have had a decent copy of this album for many years now.
But so far, I have never played this album on, or around
"Christmastime"...haha. :-)

-Rev. Fever