Re: Stockhausen, R.I.P.

This is what he himself said about it afterward:

"At the press conference in Hamburg, I was asked if Michael, Eve and
Lucifer were historical figures of the past and I answered that they
exist now, for example Lucifer in New York. In my work, I have defined
Lucifer as the cosmic spirit of rebellion, of anarchy. He uses his high
degree of intelligence to destroy creation. He does not know love. After
further questions about the events in America, I said that such a plan
appeared to be Lucifer's greatest work of art. Of course I used the
designation "work of art" to mean the work of destruction personified in
Lucifer. In the context of my other comments this was unequivocal."

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com