RE: bozzio

 I love Terry Bozzio, got to open a show for Missing Persons way back when
and he couldn't have been a nicer, more unaffected dude, I've seen him also
with Zappa and with Jeff Beck a couple of times as well. I must say he's
the
kind of drummer like Dennis Chambers can be, that can take over a band,
they
have so much energy and hyper creativity. I saw Bozzio play with Pino
Paladino, and he was turning his grooves inside out so much and playing so
polyrhythmic that Pino couldn't lock in with him, on top off that Tony
Hymas
didn't seem to be making any effort to stay out of the bass frequencies,
with massive synth washes. Then again it could have been a crappy mix, but
it was disappointing to me, as I love Pino's playing, and wasn't hearing
him
well, however when I saw Bozzio play with just a keyboard trio with Beck
and
Tony Hymas it worked much better, in fact it was so amazing that I wasn't
much interested in staying to hear the next act, Stevie Ray Vaughn, who's
music I hadn't yet developed an appreciation for and who would have been
better served by a more intimate venue.
Bill