Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... switching to Mobius?

phillip wilson wrote:

> I have two Gibson units... a black and a white face unit, that I have
> been controling from one FCB7 and a a-b switch.....
>
> I have just added in an Obenheim EDP that will be getting the Loop4
> treatment as soon as the chips are shipping again, I have just sat
> yesterday and programmed  three banks on my fcb to control one edp each
> using source# offsets, i am then going to connect the fcb1010 to edp1's
> in, have a line coming out of thru and into edp2's in then outof its
> thru and into edp3's in.
>
> from what has just been said on tis topic i can see two potential
>problems.
>
> 1. the controller set up i am wanting to use might not work due to the
> time it takes to get the midi control info to the last unit in the chain

Using a midi splitter is the standard way to solve midi chain delay.

The delay with just 2 edps is pretty small, just enough to give you
a Hass effect when you reverse a stereo pair.

You could maybe run edp2 from the Midi Out of EDP 1 to reduce chaining.

> 2. the Obi - edp might not sync to the other two due to crytal
> incompatability with the two newer units which seem to synch well
> to each other.

or consider using Midi Sync,

or the EDP Beat Sync.

> If the old obi wont synch can anyone tell me where to get the crystals
> from here in the uk?

Andy Ewen at Trace Elliot, but don't know if he still has them.

Matthias could give you the part number.

andybutler