Re: OT: New Gibson with 6 preset tunings

L.A. Angulo wrote:
> aha,transperformance came up with the concept quite a
> while ago
> just ask jimmy page:
> http://transperformance.com/index2.htm
> price is key...

Yup, 8-10 years ago. IIRC, 128 settings can be stored in that system.
The controls looks really ugly, but it lets you change tunings _while_
playing. I saw a vid on the tele where Page demo'ed it; very impressive
hitting a chord and retune for a completely different expression..
I've wanted one of those ever since, but the price penalty.. well..

The Gibson system takes seconds to change tuning. Looks elegant though,
and somewhat more affordable. Probably won't be made retrofitable..

--
rgds,
van Sinn